Instagram is no more a platform for sharing pictures only but a great place to interact with people with different thoughts. With the massive influx of Instagram stories, users keep finding new ways to hook their target audience, and Instagram story games are one of the top examples.
This trend is highly capable of helping influencers to maximize their reach, build an interactive relationship with their followers, and ultimately strengthen their brand. It offers a unique and fun way to keep in touch with your audience and help you stand out.
In this article, we will discuss the top Instagram story games you can use as customer engagement models on your account.
Instagram Story Games – A New Trend
Welcome to the world of Instagram Games – it is the latest craze taking over social media by storm! Do you ever wonder what to do on Instagram when bored? Wonder no more. Users have now found a unique way of making the place more exciting than ever before with Instagram story games.
In case you are still getting familiar with what Instagram story games are. Let us give you a clear picture. These are simply some highly interactive activities that users can play on the platform. For example, these include interactive polls, quizzes, and challenges designed to keep the audience engaged and entertained. These story games are a lot more than just a passing trend. By now, they have become an essential strategy for influencers that want to enhance their engagement and grow their following.
How Are Instagram Story Games Helpful?
In today’s social media landscape, engagement is key. Whether you are a casual user or a social media maven, an outstanding profile with good reach is what everyone wants. Users have a great opportunity to increase engagement and connect with their followers by playing Instagram story games.
These games provide an excellent opportunity for users to boost engagement and connect with their followers. By adding interactive content to their profile, you can capture the attention of your followers and create a sense of community. Instagram story games can be a fun way to break up the monotony of a user’s content and provide a unique way to connect with followers on a personal level.
The use of Instagram story games is becoming increasingly popular for all the right reasons. These games are a great way to stand out on social media. This can broaden your audience and raise the profile’s visibility. You can express your hobbies and individuality by creating original games and challenges on Instagram stories. This will also strengthen your relationship with your followers.
With the use of exciting games that relate to your goods or services, you can promote your brand or company effectively. So, why not give it a shot, then? Create some original Instagram story games for your profile right away!
Here are some top Instagram story games.
When it comes to understanding how do you make an interactive Instagram story? The emoji slider provides an excellent Instagram story game idea. Users can ask questions and get answers using a sliding scale in an Instagram Story game called an Emoji Slider. This function enables them to ask more specific and interesting questions, increasing the likelihood that their audience will interact with their material.
Steps To create an Emoji Slider Instagram Story Game:
- Firstly, choose a theme for your emoji sliders game, such as your favorite food, movies, or travel destinations.
- You can also search for ideas from Instagram story templates for emoji slider games on various sites such as Pinterest.
- Then, select the template or image for your story and add the emoji slider option.
- Pick an emoji that best represents your theme.
- You can also create a question related to your theme, such as “How much do you love pizza?” or “How badly do you want to travel?”
- Finally, add the emoji slider sticker to your Instagram story and post it.
- You can also use a mood slider, as shown above. It is a great idea to interact with your audience and make them feel cared about.
Doing so will encourage your followers to interact with the game by sliding the emoji to their preferred answer. Make sure to monitor the responses to your question and engage with your followers by responding to their DMs. Repeat the game with different themes and emojis to keep your followers hooked. The Emoji Slider is set to stay a popular feature among users trying to make their content more interactive as IG story games continue to develop.
This or That
The “This or That” game is a well-liked and engaging strategy to increase reach and engagement on Instagram. This game is easy and enjoyable to involve readers in your story, enhancing interaction. Users are given two alternatives in the This or That game and asked to select one. For instance, “Summer or Winter?” or “Coffee or tea?” This game can be used to discuss a variety of subjects, from individual preferences to inquiries about certain brands.
Steps to create This or That Instagram Story Game:
- Based on the genre of your account, pick a specific theme for the game.
- For example, if you run a business account for a fashion brand, you can ask for “Sneakers or Heels.”
- Similarly, if you own a travel agency, you can keep your audience engaged by asking them to choose between “Mountains or Beach.”
- Afterwards, you can use the insights you gain from the game to create more personalized content that resonates with your audience.
As the users tap on their preferred choice, they will be able to see the percentage of people that chose the same option. This helps to establish an interactive online community feeling through simple story games.
Poll is a fun game to engage your audience with your story. You may make a poll with this game that has a question and two possible answers. Your followers will then vote on the poll, and you can view the results in real-time. This game is incredibly interactive, captivating, and a great way to increase your Instagram following.
Steps to create a Poll Instagram Story Game:
- From the options, choose the Poll sticker and write your question.
- It could be either about something that your Instagram account revolves around or anything in general. Such as “What’s your favorite type of cuisine?” or “What’s your favorite movie genre?” etc.
- Once you have typed in the question box, add three to four poll choices as well.
- This will allow the users to find their preferred choice and choose accordingly.
- If you are a business startup and want to keep the audience engaged, poll games could be an excellent marketing strategy.
- For example, you can ask questions about your upcoming brand and what people think is will be about. In this way, you can get a sneak peek into the player’s head and work as per their expectations.
- Don’t forget to share the poll results on your story so that the users know how many people have similar thoughts as them.
If you are looking for something that makes your account stand out, here are some unique and creative Instagram story game ideas:
- “Would You Rather” Poll: Ask your followers to choose between two options, such as “Would you rather have a million dollars or true love?.”
- “Opinion Poll”: Ask your followers for their opinions on a topic related to your niche, such as “Do you prefer reading e-books or physical books?”
- “Fill in the Blank” Poll: Ask your followers to fill in the blank, such as “My favorite type of music is _______.”
- “True or False” Poll: Ask your followers if a statement is true or false, such as “Pineapple does not belong on pizza: True or False?”.
The well-known bingo game has been played for many years and is now available on Instagram as a narrative game. A fun and interactive method to communicate with your audience and broaden your reach is through the Bingo Instagram story game. The versatility of the Bingo Instagram story game is one of its greatest features. A basic bingo card with photographs associated with your business or account can be created, or images based on a topic, such as travel, food, or fashion.
The possibilities are unlimited with the images you select, and your imagination only limits your creativity. You can use a program or software to make a virtual bingo card for the Instagram story game of bingo. Next, you can ask your followers to participate by posting the bingo card to your Instagram story.
Steps to create a Bingo Instagram Story Game:
- Share the Bingo card to your Instagram story so your followers can play along. You can include a call-to-action asking them to screenshot the card and share it on their own stories.
- Create a list of tasks or challenges for each square on the Bingo card. The tasks can be simple and fun, including “Take a selfie with your pet” or “Try a new coffee shop.”
- Share the list of tasks or challenges to your Instagram Story, and provide instructions on how to mark off squares on the Bingo card.
- Ask your audience to complete each task or challenge and mark off each square on their Bingo card. They can do this by adding a sticker or using the drawing tool to cross out the square.
- Offer a prize for the winner of the game, such as a shoutout, a feature on your page, or a prize related to your theme.
- Announce the winner of the game once someone has successfully marked off a line or a full card. You can share the results on your story and include a call-to-action to join the next Bingo game.
Some more creative ideas for Bingo game themes and tasks/challenges are:
- “Fitness Bingo”: It will include fitness-related tasks such as “Do 20 squats,” “Go for a 30-minute walk,” or “Try a new yoga pose.”
- “Foodie Bingo”: Add some interesting food-related tasks such as “Try a new recipe,” “Take a food photo and share it on Instagram,” or “Have breakfast for dinner.”
- “Self-care Bingo”: Mention some self-care-related tasks such as “Take a bubble bath,” “Try a new face mask,” or “Meditate for 10 minutes.”
Your followers can check out the square on the bingo card whenever you share a story that corresponds to one of the pictures on it. A prize will be awarded to the first individual who completes all the squares on their card and sends you a direct message. The Bingo Instagram story game’s strong shareability is one of its main advantages. Motivate your audience to share the bingo cards on their own stories so that more and more people spend their time playing the game.
Two Truths And A Lie
An old-fashioned icebreaker game called “Two Truths and a Lie” has recently gained popularity on Instagram Stories. Users share three things about themselves, two genuine and one untrue, in a straightforward game.
Steps to create 2 Truths and a Lie Instagram Story Game:
- Open Instagram and go to the “Stories” section.
- Add the text “Two Truths and a Lie” or use a sticker to make it more visually appealing.
- Type out three statements about yourself – two of which are true and one false. Keep the statements interesting but not too obvious.
- Let your audience guess which statement is the lie by using a sticker or asking them to reply to your story with their guesses.
- Finally, reveal the lie in a subsequent story using different stickers.
Quick Draw Challenge
This is a super fun Instagram story game called the Quick Draw Challenge. It lets players compete and display their artistic prowess. In this game, players are given a word or phrase at random, and they have a set amount of time to draw the word or phrase as accurately as possible. The challenge is won by the artist who produces the best drawing.
Steps to create a Quick Draw Challenge Instagram Story Game:
- Choose a blank background and use the “Draw” tool to create a simple shape or object that you want your followers to draw, such as a star or a flower.
- Add the text “Quick Draw Challenge” or use a template to make it more visually appealing.
- Add instructions for your followers, such as “Draw this shape in 10 seconds” or “Can you beat the clock?”
- Use the “Poll” or “Quiz” feature to create a multiple-choice question that your followers can answer after they have completed the challenge, such as “Did you finish in under 10 seconds?” or “Did you beat the average time?”
- Share some of the best or most creative drawings in a subsequent story, or create a collage of all the entries.
Do you wish to create more quality content based on your audience’s interest? Check our article: https://clevermessenger.com/creating-quality-instagram-content
Guess The Song
This game is designed to test your audience’s musical expertise. To play guess the music, simply publish a brief audio sample of a song, and your followers must identify the song’s title, artist, or both.
Steps to create Guess The Song Instagram Story Game:
- Download the song that you want the audience to guess,
- Use a free online audio clipper tool to trim the song. It should be around 10-15 seconds long and feature a recognizable part of the song, like the chorus or a distinctive riff.
- Use Instagram’s built-in story creator to design your game. You can use prebuilt Instagram story game templates or create your own custom design.
- Once your story is designed, post it to your Instagram account. Include a clear call-to-action, like “Sound On.”
- After a predetermined amount of time, reveal the right answer in a later story.
- You can also innovate the game by adding emojis as hints and using the “Quiz” sticker to let the followers guess the song.
Nominate Your Friends
In the well-known Instagram story game “Nominate Your Friends,” players tag friends to take part in different challenges or respond to questions. The game can help you reach more people and become more visible on the platform. It is a fun and interactive approach to interacting with your audience.
Steps to create Nominate Your Friends Instagram Story Game:
- Post a story of yourself doing an interesting thing. For example, wearing a neon-colored shirt to the mall or eating fries with ice cream.
- On the same story, you can tag three to four of your followers and nominate them to do the same.
- If they do so, they will have to post their picture along with the three to four accounts tagged of their choice as nominees.
This is a unique and interesting way to keep the fun going and attract more and more audiences.
Instagram users frequently play the GIF challenge, a story game, to engage more with their followers. Individuals can demonstrate their originality and sense of humor by asking their followers to identify what the GIF depicts. To complete the challenge, you must post a GIF that exemplifies a certain phrase, heading, or term. The reader must infer the solution from the story’s reply section.
Steps to create a GIF Challenge Instagram Story Game:
- Begin the game by making an Instagram story and sharing a GIF that symbolizes a phrase, heading, or word. Ensure that the GIF can be found by entering the pertinent term in the GIF search window.
- You can then ask your followers to guess what the GIF depicts by typing the correct response in the reply box of the story after the GIF has been posted.
- Reveal the correct answer in the next story.
- Another way to play gif challenges is to choose a theme, share an empty template, and ask your followers to fill it with the relevant gifs and repost them on their own stories.
It is best to utilize the occasions such as New Year, Valentine’s, or Christmas and play gif challenges by theme.
In addition to being entertaining and fun, Instagram story games are a fantastic method for users to connect with their followers more intimately and engagingly. This platform has a wide variety of activities available, including quiz games, challenges, and polls, so there is something for everyone. To know some of the top engagement ideas for Instagram, follow our complete guide: https://clevermessenger.com/10-customer-engagement-ideas
Instagram users may increase engagement and reach while forging closer bonds with their followers through these games. Thus, go ahead and use this customer engagement model when developing your story games, and watch as your audience becomes more involved and interested in your material. Let the games begin!
Let Us Help You Boost Your Instagram Engagements
Are you struggling to increase your Instagram engagement and reach? Look no further than Clever Messenger! Our AI-powered chatbots have been helping businesses use to skyrocket their Instagram success. With Clever Messenger, you can create custom chatbots that engage with your Instagram followers in a natural, conversational way. From running contests and giveaways to promoting new products and services, our chatbots are designed to get people talking about your brand.
Overall, the benefits of Clever Messenger go beyond just increased engagement. Our unique AI technology also helps you save money on ad costs by targeting your ideal audience with laser precision. So why wait? Join the ranks of savvy businesses using Clever Messenger to transform how they connect with customers. Try Clever Messenger today and see the difference for yourself.